Friday, September 26, 2008

Urinspiration

Yesterday was a relatively uneventful day.
For work, I went on a tour of our warehouse out in New Jersey. We met with various departments, placing names with faces, eating cafeteria food and taking in the glory that is the New Jersey Turnpike.
We left around 3:30 pm to head back to the city so we wouldn't get stuck in traffic coming back through the Lincoln Tunnel, which is always the idea, but you're inevitably going to hit it no matter what.
There were four of us in our rental Prius, and when we looped around to face the Lincoln Tunnel, one of the passengers realized they really had to go number 1. It would be at least 45 minutes before we'd get back into New York. The passenger had to make a decision, a decision you never want to have to make in front of co-workers.
Someone had eaten a fruit cup on the drive back - the passenger looked at it. The passenger looked at all of us, then unzipped.
Those of us in the backseat texted furiously, 'OMG' and 'Help Me'. We turned the radio up and averted our eyes, screaming. I'll never be able to listen to The Beatles' "When I'm 64" again.
I felt really bad for the passenger, but also admired their courage - and aim - as I can barely pee when I'm supposed to.

5 comments:

Lillie said...

WHAAAAAAAAAT? For reals?????? (Was it W.C.?)

d3c3mb3r4 said...

Was it a male or female passenger? That makes a huge difference. I've tried peeing into plastic objects in moving cars -- not pretty.

Anonymous said...

I am the urinator! I hereby place a hex on you and this blog for making public what was to be my (our) secret shame.

THIGHS said...

HILARIOUS! You have GOT to tell me who's the pee-petrator.

Sun Follower said...

Oh, man!