Saturday, September 6, 2008

Just a little dab!

I came home last night to discover my box of Proactiv products had arrived. So excited to have skin as nice as Jessica Simpson and Puff Daddy, I opened it immediately and went to work.
Over the last few years I've started getting more and more pimples that I never had in high school. Maybe it's from stress or New York's nasty air, but it was time to take action.
I used all three steps and my skin immediately started burning like crazy; it felt like that scene in Indiana Jones and Last Crusade when that Nazi melts after he "chose poorly".
My Friday night went from the hope and excitement of glamorous, beautiful skin to laying in my jammies in an air-conditioned bedroom whining to myself with a cold washcloth on my face listening to the Muppets Take Manhattan.

2 comments:

Lillie said...

Oh and this is why you couldn't come to Ikea with me? You had to go home and burn your face off? [YOU] chose poorly!

d3c3mb3r4 said...

As a user of Proactive for like 10 years now, I can only say that it gets better and was the ONLY thing that helped my skin...and now that I'm trying to wean off of it, it appears I still need it. Also, maybe you scrubbed too hard with the first step? It is acid, after all. BUT there are generic-er ones now, too, that are cheaper and I've been wanting to try. I'll report back. Use white pillowcases!