Tuesday, September 23, 2008

These Boots are Made for Sulking

I recently bought a pair of boots that I thought only existed in my dreams. I wanted a brown, slouchy, cowboy-esque pair that would last through the seasons and I could walk in them all day without any pain.
I found them last weekend, wore them out on Saturday for a Ladies Who Munch dinner with nothing but supreme comfort. At work today, I paired them with a cute black dress and a blue button up shirt - marveling at my warm calves.
Stepping out of the bathroom at work, my heel caught on the tiles and I stepped forward one inch lower than I had started out. The heel was sliced in half; the cleanest break I'd ever seen from a shoe.

I'm so sad. But, at least I still have my drawer 'o shoes at work to choose a new pair from:

3 comments:

d3c3mb3r4 said...

WHAT? That's a defect: take them back and say you either need an exchange or refund. It was just normal wear and they shouldn't slice clean apart! I demand Baker's pay!

Anonymous said...

YES! bring them back! you haven't even owned them long enough to cause blisters!! bull shite...

xo, K

PS thanks for the new settings that let me comment :)

Sun Follower said...

get thee to shoe repair!