Thursday, March 11, 2010

Crafting and Conan

Ever since interviewing for that job north of Boston last week, I've been consumed by the idea of moving back there. I said I'd take whatever job I could get, whether it's in New York or Boston, but I'm pulling for New England at this point.
In fact, I had another job interview yesterday with a different New England-based book publisher. And, guys, for the job they want me to be able to get excited about arts and crafts books - the easiest thing for me to get excited about besides bagels. And babies' shoes (they're so CUTE!). I mean, look, there aren't too many opportunities in life where talking about your latest craft project - cross-stitched moustaches - could easily transition into the conversation:
Or how about that time I skipped work to go to a taping of the Martha Stewart show and then made a screen print for a tote bag?

I'm still in the very early stages of interviewing with both companies and need to hear back for round two, but they were both very kind in regards my experience and delightful phone manner. I'm feeling confident, which is a rarity, and in my confidence I just bought two tickets to see Conan O'Brien at the Wang (heh) Theatre in Boston in June. Now, I don't have anyone to go with yet, I don't have a job in Boston or an apartment, but I'm trying to use the power of suggestion and ginger hair to maybe help out a little bit. Either way, the show's on a Saturday and I can always just go up for the weekend if things don't pan out with the jobs. See? I'm not so crazy after all. And, if any of my Boston friends read this (do you?) and have nothing to do on June 5th, let me know and I'll gladly be your date.

3 comments:

Stevie said...

You should rephrase: "I'll gladly consider bringing you as MY date."

Carl said...

hey lady, Sarah and I are going (don't tell her though it's her birthday present shhh!) we'll have a gaye ol' time, for sure.

literating said...

EVERYONE is going! Chris B said he's going, too. Are you going on the 4th or 5th? Also, re: Sarah, I hope if I move back there you'll set us up on lady dates. My friends and I that met her that night all have crushes on her. You better hold on to her, Catwater, or I might steal her from you.