Thursday, January 14, 2010

I'm With Stupid

I found out why today exercise is bad for you (read: me). With all the concentration on my running, I've stopped using my brain. After running 3.5 miles on my lunch break (!!), I was rushing back to work and thought I'd forgotten my running shoes in the locker room. They weren't in my gym bag, just my soaking wet clothes and my shower flip-flops.
I took out my phone to call my runner person to see if she could grab them for me and give them to me at book club tonight (I read!). It was then that I realized, on my way back to the gym, that I was wearing the running shoes the whole time. I'm so stupid.

p.s. I "won" the lottery and now I HAVE to keep training

2 comments:

Maggie said...

I do the same thing with my cell phone all the time. I'm frantically searching the house or my purse for it when I realize that it's in my hand!

Hope your training is going well! Congrats on winning the lottery!

I'm getting super into my pilates class! Here's to us getting fit in 2010!

Sun Follower said...

Ironically, I start yoga class tomorrow and also have my book club Thursday... which also reminds me that I have not re-read Faraheit 451... yet.

Re: lottery - please send money!